Level Two Diploma in Beauty Therapy
This course covers all areas of beauty therapy at level two.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part-time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- Working in beauty-related industries
- Following health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication
- Promoting products and services to clients in a salon
- Salon reception duties
- Providing facial skin care
- Removing hair using waxing techniques
- Providing manicure treatments
- Providing pedicure treatments
- Providing eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Applying make-up
- Creating an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through observation of practical skills carried out on paying customers in the salon environment. Learners also participate in written and oral questioning or online multi choice tests.
- Four GCSEs grade D/3 and above, including English and science
Or level one diploma
Or introductory diploma
Interviews for full time courses starting in September are postponed, but don't worry - applicants will instead be given a formal offer of a place on a suitable course. Other entry requirements still apply.
Where you meet the entry requirements for your chosen course you will be accepted.
Where you do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen course, we guarantee you a place on a suitable alternative. See How to Apply for further details.
This qualification could help you gain employment in beauty salons, health farms and fitness centres; as a representative for a cosmetics company; in the arts and entertainment industry; with beauty consultancies; and in your own business. Learners may be able to continue onto a Level Three Diploma in Beauty Therapy
Additional mandatory qualification for 16 to18-year-old learners:
- Functional skills
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.