Level Two Diploma in Beauty Therapy
This course covers all areas of beauty therapy at level two.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part-time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- Working in beauty-related industries
- Following health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication
- Promoting products and services to clients in a salon
- Salon reception duties
- Providing facial skin care
- Removing hair using waxing techniques
- Providing manicure treatments
- Providing pedicure treatments
- Providing eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Applying make-up
- Creating an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through observation of practical skills carried out on paying customers in the salon environment. Learners also participate in written and oral questioning or online multi choice tests.
- Four GCSEs grade D/3 and above, including English and science
Or level one diploma
Or introductory diploma
This qualification could help you gain employment in beauty salons, health farms and fitness centres; as a representative for a cosmetics company; in the arts and entertainment industry; with beauty consultancies; and in your own business. Learners may be able to continue onto a Level Three Diploma in Beauty Therapy
Additional mandatory qualification for 16 to18-year-old learners:
- Functional skills
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.