Level Two Diploma in Bricklaying
The course is a College-based qualification designed to offer you a route into the construction industry. It is a hands-on, practical course which consists of seven units, which are broken into underpinning knowledge and practical units. If you work in the industry, you can build this course up into a full NVQ qualification by obtaining evidence of your abilities. For more information about this, ask to speak to a tutor.
What will I study?
- How to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Building methods and construction technology
- Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Thin joint masonry cladding
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Building cavity walling forming masonry structures
How will I be assessed?
Each unit has an end test. You will also do a practical assignment and an online test based on the seven units.
- A minimum of Four GCSEs grade D/3 and above and Level One Diploma in Bricklaying.
Completion of this course may act as a good preparation for an apprenticeship or into a role such as site labourer, semi-skilled employee. Level two is the minimum standard for entering the construction industry and this course will demonstrate to employers that this has been met in a college environment. Brickwork is one of the 'wet' trades and certain skills learned on this course could be transferable into plastering or tiling.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.