Level Two City and Guilds Diploma in Business Administration
This qualification is for people who want to work in an administrative support role in public or private sector organisations, or for people who want to improve their administrative and supervisory skills. A qualification in business administration can help you succeed in a support role in any size or type of organisation.
You could gain employment as a
- Personal assistant
- Office supervisor/team leader
You will spend one day per week on a work placement and be observed by an assessor on your competence within an administrative field. You will collect relevant work based evidence for your Portfolio units.
What will I study?
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understanding employer organisations
- Managing personal performance and development
- Developing working relationships with colleagues
- Meeting and welcoming visitors in a business environment
- Managing diary systems
- Producing business documents
How will I be assessed?
Assessment comprises of a mixture of portfolio building and online tests.
How will the course be delivered?
This course is classroom based and you will be encouraged to use our on-line learning resources to further support and develop your knowledge and skills away from the classroom.
- Four GCSEs grade D/3 and above
- Or level one diploma
- Or introductory diploma
- Or NVQ level one
- Or equivalent
The course can provide a route to the Level Three Diploma in Business Administration (Apprenticeship) or for employment into an office based/clerical role.
All study programmes contain English and maths elements.
You will undertake work experience as part of this programme.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.