Level Two Diploma in Hair and Media Make-up
This course covers the basic skills required by a hair and media make-up artist and provides a recognised qualification from City & Guilds.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part-time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- Working in beauty-related industries
- Following health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Applying make-up
- Providing eyelash and brow treatments
- Creating an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- The art of photographic make-up
- Body art design
- Applying skin tanning techniques
- The art of colouring hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Making and styling a hair addition
- Four GCSEs grade D/3 and above
- Or level one diploma
- Or introductory diploma
- Or NVQ level one
- Or equivalent
This qualification could help you gain employment as a hair and media make-up artist working in film, television, theatre and the media. Learners may be able to continue on the Level Three Diploma in Hair and Media Make-Up.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.