Level Two Intermediate Apprentice in Food Manufacture - Meat and Poultry
This apprenticeship is designed for those who are working in a food manufacture or the supply chain environment and offers
a sustainable continuous improvement programme for the workplace. It offers individuals the opportunity to develop skills
and knowledge required to prove competence at work.
What will I study?
- Understanding how to work effectively with others in food operations
- Working effectively with others in food operations
- Understanding how to maintain workplace food safety standards in operations
- Maintaining workplace health and safety in food operations
- Understanding how to maintain workplace health and safety infood operations
- Principles of HACCP-based food safety systems
- Principles of workplace organisation techniques in food operations
- Principles of continuous improvement techniques (Kaizen) in
- food operations
How will I be assessed?
A portfolio of evidence and a knowledge base is built to show competence to the award’s national standards.
This level two certificate is aimed at operative level and there are no entry requirements, however candidates will need to be able
to demonstrate competence and gather evidence to build their portfolio.
The opportunity to work towards a Level Three NVQ in Food.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.