Level Two Intermediate Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy
These apprenticeships develop the skills and knowledge of people working in a range of roles in the beauty therapy sector in areas such as manicure, pedicure, skin care and massage.
What will I study?
- Following health and safety practice in the salon
- Promoting products and services to clients in a salon
- Developing and maintaining effectiveness at work
- Providing facial skin care
- Removing hair using waxing techniques
- Providing manicure treatments
- Providing pedicure treatments
- Providing make-up treatments
- Salon reception duties
- Enhancing the appearance of eyebrows and eyelashes
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence.
Many apprenticeships do not have formal entry requirements other than you must be working in an appropriate job. Call us for details of the entry requirements of the apprenticeship you're interested in. East Riding College does advertise some apprenticeships with a job attached on behalf of employers. Go to www.eastridingcollege.ac.uk/apprenticeships for details.
You could progress onto an advanced apprenticeship or another level three course in a related subject.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.