Level Two Intermediate Apprenticeship in Engineering (Maintenance)
This apprenticeship covers different areas of maintenance. As an apprentice you will work alongside skilled maintenance engineers who will be helping you to develop your skills in maintaining equipment and machinery.
What will I study?
- Carrying out fault diagnosis on equipment
- Carrying out preventative planned maintenance
- Carrying out reactive maintenance
- Producing components for maintenance activities
- Interpreting engineering drawings
- Statutory regulations
- Organisational safety
- Working efficiently and effectively in your environment
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence.
Further training following an intermediate apprenticeship could be an advanced apprenticeship or other level three courses and following an advanced apprenticeship could be higher education, an NVQ level four or a foundation degree.
Possible job roles
Electrical maintenance engineer, mechanical maintenance engineer, multi-skilled maintenance engineer.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.