Level Two Intermediate Apprenticeship in Engineering (manufacture)
This qualification is for individuals working in manufacturing in roles such as manufacturing production planner, mechanical engineer, mechanical engineering technician, plastics process operative or production engineer.
What will I study?
- Preparing for manufacturing operations
- Receiving and checking incoming materials
- Controlling manufacturing operations
- Recording and reporting inspection and test results
- Producing shaped products
- Producing moulded products
- Making products using computer controlled equipment
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence.
Good grade GCSE in maths, science and english, you must be working in an appropriate job. Initial assessment and successful tutor interview. Call us for details of the entry requirements of the apprenticeship you're interested in. East Riding College does advertise some apprenticeships with a job attached on behalf of employers. Go to www.eastridingcollege.ac.uk/apprenticeships for details.
You could progress onto an advanced apprenticeship or other level three course.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.