Level Two Intermediate Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness
This apprenticeship aims to develop the skills and knowledge of people working in a variety of roles in the leisure industry, such as gym instructors, personal trainers and similar positions.
What will I study?
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Promoting health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Working with clients to help them adhere to exercise and physical activity
- Reflecting on and developing own practice in providing exercise and physical activity
- Planning and preparing gym based exercise
- Instructing and supervising gym based exercise
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence.
Many apprenticeships do not have formal entry requirements other than you must be working in an appropriate job. Call us for details of the entry requirements of the apprenticeship you're interested in. East Riding College does advertise some apprenticeships with a job attached on behalf of employers. Go to www.eastridingcollege.ac.uk/apprenticeships for details.
You could progress onto an advanced apprenticeship or other level three course.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.