Level Two Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hospitality- Hospitality Services
This is a diverse qualification which is suitable for a person who carries out tasks within the hospitality industry, such as food
and drink service, bar service, reception, cleaning and support, customer service and some basic food preparation and cooking. The units can be chosen to suit a varied job role, where different tasks and duties are carried out.
What will I study?
- Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Giving customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Providing a silver service
- Converting a room for dining
- Providing a buffet and carvery service
- Serving alcoholic and soft drinks
- Dealing with the arrival of customers
- Dealing with bookings
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of
evidence to demonstrate competence.
Many apprenticeships do not have formal entry requirements other than you must be working in an appropriate job. Call us for details of the entry requirements of the apprenticeship you’re interested in. East Riding College does advertise some apprenticeships with a job attached on behalf of employers. Go to www.eastridingcollege.ac.uk/apps for details.
You could progress onto the Level Three Apprenticeship in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.