Level Two Intermediate Apprenticeship in Leisure Operations
This apprenticeship aims to develop the skills and knowledge of people working in a variety of operational roles in leisure and recreation facilities.
What will I study?
- Contributing to joint working with other organisations
- Supporting the development of the sport or activity
- Setting up, taking down and storing activity equipment
- Contributing to environmental conservation in active leisure and recreation
- Giving customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Looking after participants when they are away from home
- Enabling disabled people to take part in activities
- Contributing to participants’ exploration and understanding of the natural environment
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of
evidence to demonstrate competence.
There are no formal entry requirements but you must be working in an appropriate job. Call us for details of the entry requirements of the apprenticeship you’re interested in. East Riding College does advertise some apprenticeships with a job attached on behalf of employers. Go to www.eastridingcollege.ac.uk/apps for details.
You could progress onto an advanced apprenticeship or other level three course.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.