Level Two Intermediate Apprenticeship in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair - Light Vehicle
The intermediate apprenticeship is for people working as light vehicle or motorcycle service technicians who carry out routine maintenance and inspections including servicing, repairing and replacing faulty parts and maintaining records.
What will I study?
- Contributing to workplace good housekeeping
- Ensuring your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Maintaining positive working relationships
- Carrying out routine maintenance
- Removing and replacing engine units and components
- Removing and replacing auxiliary electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing chassis units and components
- Conducting pre and post-work vehicle inspections
- Removing and replacing transmission and driveline units and components
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence.
Good grade GCSE in maths, science and english, you must be working in an appropriate job. Initial assessment and successful tutor interview. Call us for details of the entry requirements of the apprenticeship you're interested in. East Riding College does advertise some apprenticeships with a job attached on behalf of employers. Go to www.eastridingcollege.ac.uk/apprenticeships for details.
You could progress onto the Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair – Light Vehicle or another level three course.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.