Level Two Intermediate Apprenticeship in Warehousing and Storage - Warehouse Operative
This apprenticeship are for people who are employed in warehousing or storage roles, such as staff who undertake a range
of warehouse activities and those in supervisory roles, packing customer orders and loading and unloading vehicles.
What will I study?
- Contributing to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace
- Contributing to keeping the workplace secure
- Working effectively in your own organisation
- Providing information and advice to customers
- Receiving goods and materials into storage
- Putting goods and materials into storage
- Dispatching goods and materials
- Assembling bulk orders for distribution
- Picking stock and making up orders
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of
evidence to demonstrate competence. There is a requirement to do the Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) for the logistics industry as a separate qualification. Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) is covered by the mandatory units of the competency element.
Many apprenticeships do not have formal entry requirements other than you must be working in an appropriate job. Call us for details of the entry requirements of the apprenticeship you're interested in. East Riding College does advertise some apprenticeships with a job attached on behalf of employers. Go to www.eastridingcollege.ac.uk/apprenticeships for details.
You could progress to the Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship in Warehouse or another level three course.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.