Level Two Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship
Warehouse Operatives work in a variety of warehouse environments. Work activities include taking deliveries, checking for damaged/missing items, storing goods, moving stock by various methods, picking/packing orders, loading goods for dispatch, maintaining stock records and documentation, and cleaning. You are required to safely use a range of equipment, machinery and vehicles, as relevant to their role and setting. This could include mechanical racking systems, materials handling equipment (MHE) or forklift trucks.
What will I study?
- Operate and handle equipment safely and efficiently
- Comply with appropriate rules, regulations and processes for safely and efficiently moving, handling, packing and unpacking different items
- Work individually and as part of a team to safely move and handle objects
- Safely and efficiently load and unload items into and from vehicles, buildings, containers, lift vans, crates and/or boxes
- Select, prepare and use packaging materials appropriate to the job efficiently and in a way which reduces waste, costs and environmental impact
- Use correct equipment and procedures to record receiving or stowing goods
- Promote the values of the organisation; communicate effectively with customers and colleagues to identify and meet their need
- Work effectively in a warehousing team, including when under pressure, and to agreed deadlines
- Use IT applications and other relevant technology and systems
How will I be assessed?
- End Point Assessment
- Theory test
- Workplace observation
- Professional discussion and scenario test
How will the course be delivered?
The delivery will be a mixture of work-based training and progress assessment mixed with taught sessions with a college representative throughout the programme at the employers premises to support the 20% off the job training requirement and skills development.
There are no entry requirements.
You could progress to a level 3 qualification or apprenticeship.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.