Level One VRQ Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
You will be guided in all practical aspects of food and drink service and bar management. You will also learn the practical skills of producing patisserie and confectionery. All practical sessions will take place in the College's restaurants.
What will I study?
- Theory work to support your practical evidence
- Serving food and drink in a realistic work environment
- Maintaining safety, security and hygiene
- Customer service
- Operating a payment point
- Preparing and clearing areas for table service
- Providing table service
- Preparing and serving alcoholic drinks
- Producing patisserie and confectionery
You will achieve the following qualifications:
- NVQ Level Two Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
- Level Two Certificate in Patisserie and Confectionery
- Functional skills/GCSEs
How will I be assessed?
You will build a portfolio and complete short answer on-line questions. Practical assessments are always completed in the restaurant so that you are performing at the level required for industry.
- A minimum of two GCSEs at grade D or above
- Satisfactory record of achievement/references
- Satisfactory College interview and initial assessment
You could get employment in the hospitality industry such as hotels restaurants and public houses.
You will need to purchase a uniform from the College supplier.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.