Level Two NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
This course covers a wide variety of essential hairdressing skills which will build up your practical abilities to industry standards.
What will I study?
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Giving clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Advising and consulting with clients
- Shampooing, conditioning and treating the hair and scalp
- Changing hair colour
- Styling and finishing hair
- Setting and dressing hair
- Cutting hair suing basic techniques
Plus one optional unit:
- Perming and neutralising hair
- Promoting additional services or products to clients
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through observation of practical skills carried out on paying customers in the salon environment. Learners also participate in written and oral questioning or online multi-choice tests.
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above
- VRQ level 2 in hairdressing or equivalent qualification
- A satisfactory interview and initial assessment
This qualification could help you gain employment in salons as a stylist or continue onto the NVQ level three as a full-time work-based course or a part-time course.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.