Returning to Learning
Our returning to learning course is aimed at anyone who wishes to pursue academic study after some time out of the classroom. The course provides learners with the opportunity to gain GCSE qualifications in English and maths (essential for onward progression) and also to develop confidence in their academic skills. As well as this, learners will have the chance to complete a range of industry recognised qualifications relevant to health and social care. By the end of the course learners will be in a strong position to embark on one of our L3 Access to HE diplomas.
The course offers an incredible amount of flexibility and requires just one day per week in college (Mondays in Beverley, Wednesdays in Bridlington).
This course is fully funded in most cases
What will I study?
- GCSE English and maths (as required)
- Academic skills coaching to help build classroom confidence
- Level 2 certificates in health and social care subjects of your choice
How will I be assessed?
Completion of assessment booklets and in class tasks
- Aged 19 or over on the 31 August
- Desire to progress to level 3 study
- For people whose first language is not English, you must have GCSE English at grade C or above or IELTS 7 (International English Language Testing System).
Successful completion of the level two diploma could lead to progression onto the level three programme.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.