Level Two Subsidiary Diploma/Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
This course builds on the level one certificate course and looks at light vehicle maintenance and repair principles in greater depth. It is aimed at people who would like to go into work in industry or progress onto further study.
What will I study?
- Carrying out routine maintenance
- Removing and replacing engine units and components
- Removing and replacing auxiliary electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing chassis units and components
- Contributing to workplace good housekeeping
- Health and safety
- Positive working relationships
Additional units cover:
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by a range of techniques to include, observation of practical activities in workshops, oral questioning, written reports and online testing.
- Four GCSEs grade D/3 or above
- Or level one diploma
- Or introductory diploma
- Or NVQ level one
- Or equivalent
Where appropriate any relevant experience or qualifications can be accredited towards this qualification.
For some learners this qualification could prepare them for progression to further learning and training. For others, this qualification could also provide a useful recognition of their practical skills and knowledge to aid their step from one job role to another or secure an apprenticeship or advanced apprenticeship.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.