Level Two Subsidiary Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles
The course looks at motorcycle maintenance and repair principles. It is aimed at people who would like to
progress into work within the industry or progress onto further study.
What will I study?
- Carrying out routine motorcycle maintenance
- Removing and replacing motorcycle engine units and components
- Removing and replacing motorcycle auxiliary electrical units and components
- Removing and replacing motorcycle chassis units and components
- Contributing to workplace good housekeeping
- Ensuring your actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Maintaining positive working relationships
Plus one specialist unit from:
- Conducting pre and post-work vehicle inspections
- Removing and replacing motorcycle transmission and driveline units and components
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by a range of techniques to include observation of practical activities in workshops, oral questioning, written reports and online testing.
How will the course be delivered?
- Four GCSEs grade D/3 or above
- Or level one diploma
- Or introductory diploma
- Or NVQ level one
- Or equivalent
Where appropriate any relevant experience or qualifications can be accredited towards this qualification.
This qualification could help you get a job and improve your career prospects. You could progress onto the Level Three Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles or secure an apprenticeship or advanced apprenticeship.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.