Maths Skills Development
This course is to help people improve their Numeracy skills and to achieve a national certificate(s) at entry level three, level one or two. Level one is equivalent to GCSE at D to G grades and level two is equivalent to A* to C grades.
This course is offered on different days and times at Beverley and Bridlington. Check the on-line part-time prospectus for dates and times.
For more information on how to enrol on this course, telephone 0345 120 0044
What will I study?
Daily life situations:
- Measurement, shape and space
- Handling data.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed for the National Certificate in Adult Numeracy at a level appropriate to your ability. Assessment will be by test when you and tutor consider you are ready to take it. The test can be taken on-line or as a paper based test. You will receive a provisional result at the end of an on-line test.
This course is for people who want to brush up their numeracy skills and who are already able to do some of the following:
- You should have knowledge of basic arithmetic, for example, be able to add up the cost of items on a short shopping list
- Be able to calculate change when paying for several items
- Promotion within your present organisation
- Better employment prospects
- Entry to further/higher education.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.