Level Three Diploma in Counselling Skills
This is an ideal qualification for those seeking to enhance their functional role through the use of counselling skills. It is also useful for those seeking a career change and wanting to develop as a professional counsellor and for anyone offering help on a one to one basis. It should be noted that this Certificate is not a ‘license’ to practice as a counsellor.
This qualification is ideal for individuals who would like to:
- Develop their knowledge of Counselling Skills for use in work or personal relationships
- Enhance career prospects, or progression to further training
- Update CPD (continuous professional development) Portfolio
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Develop an understanding of the theories that inform personal and social change
You can enrol for this course from 1 August 2023. For more information on how to enrol on this course, telephone 0345 120 0044 or email [email protected]
What will I study?
This qualification has 5 mandatory units, these are;
- Unit 1: Developing and practising counselling skills
- Unit 2: Theoretical approaches in the use of counselling skills
- Unit 3: Working ethically with counselling skills
- Unit 4: Counselling skills and diversity.
- Unit 5: Counselling skills and personal development
How will I be assessed?
- This qualification is internally assessed and externally moderated.
- Each candidate is required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates they have met the standards associated with each unit.
- 18 years of age
- A qualification at level 2 either in counselling or a related subject such as health and social care, childcare studies
- Maths and English; computer skills in applications such as Microsoft Word
- Alternative route level 2 qualification in a non-related field; plus, introductory and level 2 counselling, English/Maths/Computer Applications
- Level 2 qualification plus work experience (paid/voluntary) within the last three years in a helping context English/Maths/Computer Applications
If you do not currently have an English or Maths qualification you will be expected to work towards them alongside side of your counselling course.
Foundation Degree in Counselling Practice; Level Four Diploma in Counselling; Access to other HE courses
For further information and to arrange an interview email [email protected] or contact learner services on 0345 120 0044
This is a vocational course that requires 100% attendance. It is not a licence to practice.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.