Level Two Certificate in Counselling Skills - Online
For those with some interest or experience of using counselling/communication/listening skills in a helping role, for example classroom assistants, care workers and who want to develop these skills to facilitate a helping role. The qualification is a stand-alone or can be used as a progression route to level 3.
As this is a vocational course 100% attendance is expected.
This 12 week course provides an opportunity to develop understanding and use of key counselling skills and the theory which underpins the use of such skills. If you are thinking of progressing to level 3, the course allows a time frame to ensure that the level 3 is the right course for you and that you are doing it at a time that is right for you.
This course will be offered on Wednesday, 14 April, 12.00 to 3pm. Course Code C0023O2LPA
This course will be offered online. For this, learners will need a device such as a laptop or PC or phone/iPad and a internet connection to take part. Ideally, devices will also have webcams for full participation. Learners will need to download the Teams app onto their laptop/PC or mobile phone/other device and devices will need to have a camera so that they can participate.
For more information on how to enrol on this course, telephone 0345 120 0044
What will I study?
This qualification has 4 mandatory units, these are; -
- Unit 1: Using counselling skills
- Unit 2: Introduction to counselling skills theories
- Unit 3: Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
- Unit 4: Counselling skills and personal development
How will I be assessed?
- This qualification is internally assessed and externally moderated
- Each candidate is required to create a portfolio of evidence which shows they have met the learning outcomes associated with each unit. Main pieces of evidence could include worksheets, case studies, research findings, records of group discussions, peer reports etc.
- 18 years of age
Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills or as Accredited Prior Learning evidence for qualifications in related areas (eg care/working with young people)
For further information email CounsellingCPD@eastridingcollege.ac.uk or contact learner services on 0345 120 0044
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.