Level Three NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
East Riding College are one of the region’s leading NEBOSH course providers, delivering outstanding exam results at our central Hull location, at a surprisingly low price. Delivered by Chartered Members of IOSH who are experts in NEBOSH examinations and good exam technique. Our recent exam pass rate was 100%, with over 60% of students receiving a Credit pass. We don’t just teach you to pass the exams, you will exit the course also having a solid foundation of knowledge to help you:
- Manage fire safety more effectively.
- Deal with challenging people.
- Develop creative and pragmatic solutions to a wide variety of fire safety risks.
The course is led by Will Taylor CMIOSH, who has 18 years’ experience in the Health and Safety industry, as well as Senior Management and Operational roles. In 2008, Will won two NEBOSH Best Candidate Awards for the NEBOSH National Diploma. A small hand-picked selection of other tutors also assist in delivering the course, including highly-experienced ex-Fire Officers.
“My success is absolutely down to your excellent standard of instruction, and the way that you taught us. You actually taught us Health and Safety very thoroughly and you ensured that we understood it – you did not treat it as a cramming exercise, just to pass an exam. Consequently: even a couple of months later, I can still clearly visualise many of the examples and cases that you quoted, in order to bring a rather dry subject to life. I am delighted; my wife is amazed.” Bryan Price, Logistics Manager, British Steel
“I genuinely couldn’t recommend you enough. Hope to be on another of your courses in the future!” Jade Orchard, Health and Safety Advisor, Symington’s Limited
This course provides an appropriate breadth of knowledge for non-specialists in fire safety, so they can be more effective in managing fire safety and providing competent fire risk management advice to their employers or clients. The course is highly beneficial to non-fire safety professionals who have involvement in reviewing fire risk assessments or hands-on management of fire safety risks, such as managers in Production, Engineering, Operations, Facilities and other Operational roles. The course is also popular with Safety Representatives, both Trade Union or non-affiliated.
All costs include exam fees and course materials.
This course will also be offered on Thursday 23 January 2020 and Thursday 25 June.
Enrol and pay online or to find out more go to our main health and safety courses page.
What will I study?
The main topics covered in the rest of the syllabus are:
- Managing fire safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Causes and prevention of fires
- Fire protection in buildings
- Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Fire risk assessment
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed by:
- One two-hour examinations which will be held at our Hull training centre
- A practical assessment carried out in the candidate’s own workplace
How will the course be delivered?
The course is delivered over four Thursdays between 9am and 5pm followed by an optional full Thursday of revision and exam preparation which is included free of charge.
To obtain the full qualification, candidates need to have passed the NEBOSH NGC1 Unit within the last five years. This is part of the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. If you have not passed the NGC1 unit, we can arrange for you to study this as an additional module at an extra charge. Please enquire for more details.
Following successful completion of the NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate, you could add on the following bolt-on modules with only one extra exam and practical application each.
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (day course)
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (evening course)
Validated by NEBOSH
- This course is eligible for funding under the ELC scheme (Enhanced Learning Credits). This is a scheme which aims to provide members of the armed forces with training opportunities, helping them integrate back into civilian life. Up to 80% of the cost of the course can be claimed through this scheme if you are eligible. Please see www.enhancedlearningcredits.com for further information.
- The above applies to the NGC Day/Evening and the NEBOSH Fire course.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.