NEBOSH Level Three General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (Evening Course)
All costs include exam fees and course materials. Payment plans are available on request, allowing you to spread the cost.
East Riding College are one of the region’s leading NEBOSH course providers, delivering outstanding exam results at our central Hull location, at a surprisingly low price. Delivered by Chartered Members of IOSH who are experts in NEBOSH examinations and good exam technique. Our recent exam pass rate was 92%, of which a third of students got a Distinction! We don’t just teach you to pass the exams, you will exit the evening course also having a solid foundation of knowledge to help you:
- Manage health and safety more effectively.
- Deal with challenging people.
- Develop creative and pragmatic solutions to a wide variety of health and safety risks
This evening course covers the main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK. It also deals with a wide range of workplace hazards and how these can be controlled. The course is highly beneficial to non-health and safety professionals, such as managers in Production, Engineering, Operations, Facilities and other Operational roles who have a significant involvement in hands-on management of health and safety risks. The course is also popular with Safety Representatives, both Trade Union or non-affiliated.
The evening format of the course is perfect for those who:
- Can’t afford to take 10 to 12 days off work to study during the day.
- Can’t get their employer to release them during the day to attend the course.
- Don’t want to use up half of their annual leave entitlement to study a course!
To find out more or to enrol and pay online, go to our main health and safety courses page.
What will I study?
The National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is divided into three units:
- Unit NGC1: Management of health and safety
- Unit GC2: Controlling workplace hazards
- Unit GC3: Health and safety practical application
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed by:
- Two two-hour examinations which will be held at our Hull training centre during the day.
- A practical assessment carried out in the candidate’s own workplace.
How will the course be delivered?
The evening course is delivered on Tuesday evenings between 6pm and 8.30pm between January and December. There will be 38 evenings of classes, followed by an optional full day of revision and exam preparation (in December) which is included free of charge)
No evening classes are scheduled during school holidays and half-terms.
None required, although a reasonable standard of literacy is needed.
The course is suitable for anyone with a remit or responsibility for safety/site safety within their organisation. This could include production managers, engineering managers, facilities managers, operations managers or team leaders in sectors such as manufacturing, engineering and construction.
Following successful completion of the NGC1 unit, you could add on the following bolt-on modules with only one extra exam and practical application each.
Validated by NEBOSH
- This course is eligible for funding under the ELC scheme (Enhanced Learning Credits). This is a scheme which aims to provide members of the armed forces with training opportunities, helping them integrate back into civilian life. Up to 80% of the cost of the course can be claimed through this scheme if you are eligible. Please see www.enhancedlearningcredits.com for further information.
- The above applies to the NGC Day/Evening and the NEBOSH Fire course.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.