Retail Team Leader, Level Three Apprenticeship
Retail team leaders are a critical support to managers, delivering exceptional customer service and a positive experience to customers, and may have to deputise for managers in their absence. The role is dynamic and in one day can involve a variety of different functions. Most significantly retail team leaders guide and coordinate the work of the team to complete tasks, identify and explore opportunities that drive sales, ensuring team members maintain business standards in relation to merchandising, service and promotional activities, in line with procedures. Retail team leaders gain the most of their team on a day to day basis, ensuring they are fully trained and work effectively and to the best of their ability.
What will I study?
- Understand customer service
- Understand retail selling process
- Understand how teams and individuals effect business
- Maintain Health & Safety
- Understand retail Law
- Security and loss prevention
- Handling of payments
- Control, receipt and storage of stock
- Promoting sales
- Monitor customers
- Work with team
- Achieve targets
- Advise team of targets
- Maximise sales opportunities
- Support team
- Coordinate team work
Behaviours and Attitude:
- Demonstrate integrity
- Take ownership
- Show personal commitment
- Adapt and embrace new technology
How will I be assessed?
- On Programme- including off the job training and assessment
- Gateway Assessment –Discussion between employer and provider to agree if learner is ready for end assessment
- End Point Assessment-Is made up of 4 elements
- Knowledge test-structured interview-assessment of portfolio of evidence-professional discussion relating to CPD activity
You would have experience in working in an operational role within the industry to start on this apprenticeship standard
Progression to Level Four Retail Manager Apprenticeship.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.