Retail Team Leader, Level Three Apprenticeship
Retail team leaders are a critical support to managers, delivering exceptional customer service and a positive experience to customers, and may have to deputise for managers in their absence. The role is dynamic and in one day can involve a variety of different functions. Most significantly retail team leaders guide and coordinate the work of the team to complete tasks, identify and explore opportunities that drive sales, ensuring team members maintain business standards in relation to merchandising, service and promotional activities, in line with procedures. Retail team leaders gain the most of their team on a day to day basis, ensuring they are fully trained and work effectively and to the best of their ability.
What will I study?
- retail principles and practices - including brand standards, competition, customer service and feedback and sales and marketing
- business principles and practices - including product knowledge, resource management, revenue and unique selling points
- merchandising - including retail calendar, local needs, stock control and management
- leadership - including decision-making, taking responsibility and coaching and supporting staff
- team management - including coaching, conflict management, training and development and team dynamics
- communications - including face-to-face, online, verbal and non-verbal skills
- health and safety practices, standards and legislation within a retail environment
You would have experience in working in an operational role within the industry to start on this apprenticeship standard
Junior retail management position.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.