Level Two Retailer Apprenticeship
The main purpose of a retailer is to assist customers when they purchase products and services, which requires a good understanding of the stock being sold, the variety of ways customers can shop and the ability to process payments, for example, using a till. Retailers must be passionate about delivering a quality service that always aims to exceed customers’ expectations. Therefore, retailers enjoy direct contact with a wide range of people and are motivated by completing a sale and knowing a customer is happy with their purchase. They can work in a variety of shops and other retail establishments: small boutiques, large high street chains, supermarkets and well-known department stores are just some examples.
What will I study?
- Know the customer profile of the business, appropriate methods for communicating with customers e.g. face to face
- Know the vision, objectives and brand standards of the business and how to contribute towards their success
- Understand the principles of operating commercially and supporting the overall financial performance of the business
- Know how the business positions itself in order to increase its market share and compete against its main competitors
- Know how to identify and determine individuals’ situation and needs and how to respond in the most appropriate way
- Understand the sales opportunities that exist across the year within the business and industry
- Know information on the brands, products and services as required by the business
- Know and understand the importance of brand and business reputation and what can affect it
- Understand how to increase sales through product placement
- Know how to operate technology such as customer payments
- Know how to support and influence the team positively
- Understand how personal performance contributes to the success of the business
- Recognise and understand legislative responsibilities relating to the business and the products and/or services being sold
You will need to achieve Level 1 English and Maths and to work towards and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths.
How will I be assessed?
End Point Assessment Three stages:
- On demand test
- Practical observation
- Professional discussion
How will the course be delivered?
- Work-based training
- Progress assessments
- Taught sessions
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.