T Level Three Building Services Engineering For Construction (Electrotechnical Engineering)
This T Level has been developed in collaboration with building services engineering experts to ensure the content meets the needs of industry and prepare you for the workplace.
You will develop an in-depth understanding of how the construction industry works, the principles of design, and the role of technology and sustainability to launch you into your career.
Beverley Course Code PF327/1
Bridlington Course Code PS197/1
What will I study?
You will study 15 core units and 5 specialist units.
Core Units Building Services:
- Health & safety in construction
- Construction science and principles
- Construction design principles
- Construction and the built environment
- Construction sustainability principles
- Construction measurement principles
- Building technology principles
- Construction information principles
- Construction commercial/business principles
- Relationship management in construction
- Digital technology in construction
- Engineering systems
- Maintenance principles
- Electrotechnical engineering
- Install electrotechnical systems
- Commission electrotechnical systems
- Maintain electrotechnical systems
- De-commission electrotechnical systems
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed via different methods during your course completing both theory and practical assessments there will be external exams, controlled assessments and an employer-led set project.
Upon completion you will be awarded an overall grade of pass, merit, distinction, or distinction*.
How will the course be delivered?
You will spend 80% of your time at college learning the key areas as well as completing a series of in-depth practical tasks within the electrical workshops. To ensure you have the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed within electrotechnical engineering you will complete a 45-day industry placement with an employer to enhance your skills and understanding.
- Four GCSEs at grades 4 or above including maths and English
- Successful interview and two references
- You must have completed an appropriate vocational qualification at Level 2
This qualification focuses on the development of knowledge and skills needed for electrical installation employment in Building Services Engineering. Your course of study will prepare you to enter the industry through employment or as an apprentice.
Upon completion of this qualification there is also the opportunity to progress onto higher education courses and training
To undertake practical activities suitable clothing and PPE will be required along with study materials which will be advised upon at application.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.