The CIMA Level Five Diploma in Management Accounting
CIMA Professional Qualifications are recognised worldwide as highly relevant global finance qualifications for business. The
Level Five Diploma is an operational level qualification and the first level of the CIMA professional suite.
What will I study?
Four externally examined units:
Organisational Management (E1)
• Introduction to organisations
• Managing the finance function
• Managing technology and information
• Operations management
• Managing human capital
Management Accounting (P1)
• Cost accounting systems
• Short-term decision making
• Dealing with uncertainty through decision analysis
Financial Reporting and Taxation (F1)
• Regulatory environment for financial reporting and
• Financial accounting and reporting
• Management of working capital, cash and sources of shortterm
• The fundamentals of business taxation
How will I be assessed?
Candidates will sit their examinations at a local CIMA examination centre.
The closest examination centre is in Hull city centre.
How will the course be delivered?
A mixture of lectures, seminars and individual and group work
Applicants should have AAT level Four or other similar qualification to be suitable (CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting, degrees in business or accounting).
All CIMA learners need to register as an CIMA student on the CIMA website which does incur an
additional one off admission fee plus an annual CIMA registration fee.
Please check the CIMA website for more information about student registration’
This qualification is awarded by CIMA.