UAL Level 2 Art and Design
The Level 2 Award and Diploma in Art & Design will provide students with an introduction to art and design, enabling them to both re-engage with education and acquire the requisite knowledge, skills and understanding to progress to further education or employment in the creative industries.
The structure of the Diploma, with units linked to provide coherence, allows students to develop their practical skills and theoretical understanding through a process of reiteration and reinforcement. It also enables them to develop an effective working practice that will support creativity across a range of stimulating and demanding art and design activities.
The Level 2 Diploma in Art & Design is designed to build on the skills, knowledge and understanding acquired through the Award and to provide an opportunity to explore, develop and test creativity. The qualification structure will provide a sound base of skills and knowledge, will enhance self-confidence, and impart an understanding of the career demands and opportunities within art and design.
What will I study?
- Introduction to materials, processes and technical skills in art and design
- Introduction to contextual research in art and design
- Introduction to drawing skills
- Introduction to communication skills in art and design
- Solving 2D creative problems
- Solving 3D creative problems
- Solving time-based creative problems
- Developing and producing a personal project in art and design
- 4 GCSE’s at 3, should include English
- L1 Diploma at Merit or equivalent
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.