Glowing report from Investors in People
17th May 2011 3:11pm - Return to press releases
East Riding College has earned glowing praise from Investors in People for the way it looks after its staff.
Following an inspection in March, the report confirmed the retention of the Investors in People mark and highlighted a number of areas of best practice.
It said staff are with the managers in the change process, staff are positive to the requirement for flexibility and consider it a good thing, there is a consistency in view across the College and there is a 'no blame culture'.
The report follows the naming of the College as one of the Best Places to Work in the Public Sector in 2010 and also the achievement of a "good" rating, with a number of "outstanding" features, by Ofsted in February this year.
Director of human resources Barbara Collinson said: "We put the staff welfare and development high on the agenda at the College and I'm delighted that Investors in People has recognised this by once again confirming our accreditation.
"We believe that positive and happy staff are more motivated and productive which has real benefits for our students and the high quality of education here."
The report gave the following examples of good practice:
- The way the College benchmarks itself against other, similar organisations
- Good and effective two-way communication
- Quick responses from managers to staff queries and requests
- Good practice within the governing body
- Inspirational leadership with a Principal who acts as a role model for others
- The Introductory Management Programme
- Every Employee Matters staff benefit scheme
- Successful programme of employing apprentices
- "Openness", "support", "trust" and transparency were words use often to describe the organisation's culture
The report concluded: "Through challenging times East Riding College has continued to demonstrate its commitment to developing people and also to looking at ways of continually improving the way they manage the people and the organisation. It was evident from all the positive feedback that people still see it as a great organisation to work for."
For more information about East Riding College, visit www.eastridingcollege.ac.uk or call 0845 120 0037.
Notes to editors
For more information, call Matthew Croshaw, marketing and communications manager, on 01482 306612 or email [email protected]