Free summer school for 16 to 18-year-olds
29th May 2015 4:32pm - Return to press releases
Young people who are considering their next steps in education in September can join in a range of free taster courses at East Riding College this summer.
The courses are aimed at 16 to 18-year-olds who are still considering their options and are available at the College’s Beverley, Bridlington and Hull campuses.
Everyone who takes advantage of the tasters will complete a qualification and find out more about the course they are considering for next year.
Alison Gray, assistant director at the College, said: “Our summer school taster sessions aim to give people valuable experience of what it’s like to study in a college environment and make new friends, as well as applying to start a course in September and gaining a qualification.
“They will give you the opportunity to meet our tutors, try out a subject and find out what it’s like to come to East Riding College.“
The sessions generally take place for one day a week over three weeks. The subjects and the date of their first session are as follows:
- Business, July 8, Beverley and Bridlington.
- Catering and hospitality, July 8, Bridlington only.
- Construction, July 10, Bridlington only.
- Early years and care, July 8, Bridlington only.
- Engineering, July 8, Bridlington only.
- Foundation programmes, July 10, Beverley and Bridlington
- Hairdressing and beauty therapy, July 8, Bridlington only.
- Information technology, July 8, Bridlington only.
- Motor vehicle and motor cycle maintenance, July 8, Bridlington only.
- Music and media, July 8, Hull only.
- Public services, July 8, Beverley and Bridlington.
- Retail, July 8, Bridlington only.
- Sport, July 8, Beverley and Bridlington.
- Travel and tourism, July 8, Beverley and Bridlington.
Anyone who is interested can enrol on the tasters by calling 0845 120 0037 or by dropping in to the College receptions at Gallows Lane, Beverley, and St Mary’s Walk, Bridlington, during normal opening hours.
For more information on East Riding College courses, go to www.eastridingcollege.ac.uk or call 0845 120 0037 to make an appointment with a guidance officer.
Notes to editors
For more information about this press release, call Matthew Croshaw, marketing and communications manager, on 01482 390720 or email [email protected]