Traineeships are aimed at people aged 16 to 23 who are keen to work but who need a little help to get an apprenticeship or job. These short courses last up to 20 weeks and will help you by giving you work experience and skills you can put on your CV.
- Work experience with national and local companies
- Preparation for job interviews and assistance with writing your CV
- Help with improving essential English and maths skills
- Tasters in the subject area of your choice
We are now offering traineeships in the following areas, with work placements at the employers named:
- Hairdressing and beauty therapy: Joan Dempsey Hair (Beverley), Synergy (Elloughton), Kevin Bond (Hornsea) and Debonhair (Beverley)
- Retail and customer service: Sewells (Hull), Proudfoots (Scarborough) and Riverside News (Victoria Dock, Hull)
- Sport, exercise and fitness: Beverley Leisure Complex
- Hospitality: The Spa Bridlington
Traineeships will be available shortly in construction, food manufacturing, health and social care, and social marketing,
This is available in the form of:
- Free travel on College days for those living more than two miles from their place of study
- Help with equipment costs where high cost specialist equipment is required
- Bursary of up to £1,200 per year pro rata, subject to eligibility
For further information on Traineeships and how to enrol please call 0345 120 0044 and ask to speak to a guidance officer.