FREE Transport to College
Free transport to East Riding College
We will pay for your travel costs if you are between 16 and 18 years old and you live over 2 miles away. FREE - with no hidden costs.
Free travel options:
- Travel by East Yorkshire Buses.
- Travel by dedicated College services:
- Travel by other public transport*
Find your free, flexible travel route...
Public bus services
Our Beverley and Bridlington campuses are well served by East Yorkshire Buses. They operate services to Beverley and Bridlington from towns and villages throughout the East Riding. You can travel on any bus covering your journey throughout the day, you don't have to wait until the end of the day to travel.
Students travelling from the Hull area can also claim back the cost of using Stagecoach buses to reach our Hull site or an East Yorkshire Buses route to Beverley or Bridlington.
Eligible full-time students are entitled to free transport on the BC4, BC8 and ER1 services.
- The BC8 runs from Gilberdyke via North Cave and goes through the towns and villages to the west of Hull, including Hessle, Anlaby and Willerby before coming to our Beverley campus.
- The BC4 comes from Withernsea and passes through towns and villages including Patrington, Hedon and Skirlaugh on its way to our Beverley campus.
- The ER1 service comes from Hull (Bricknell Avenue) and through Cottingham.
For more information, call the College on 0345 120 0044
Please note that the BC and ER1 buses will be suspended until at least September. Whilst the EYMS bus service continues to be available, we recommend all learners to take note of national advice on the use of public transport and check the EYMS update page for the latest advice.
Funded travel is available to all 16-18 year old learners, on full time courses, who live more than 2 miles from the nearest College site that delivers their course in 2020/21. Funding is for timetabled College days only.
All 16-18 students who apply for a full time course starting in September 2020 can apply for transport to College. Forms to apply are available online on the financial support web page but are also available to be posted out and will be available at the Beverley and Bridlington reception desks.
- Travel on East Yorkshire Buses, BC and ER buses is by way of a prepaid personalised bus pass, including picture.
- Students may have to fund their own transport if they delay applying, as funds are limited.
- Support is at the discretion of the College, subject to satisfactory attendance and evidence of income.
If you are 19 or over, you may be eligible for free transport or support to pay towards travel, dependent on circumstances, please call 0345 120 0044 for more information or read about the financial support available.
*If East Yorkshire Buses or a dedicated College service is not available. Travel by other public transport will be subject to prior agreement and is reimbursed in arrears, based on attendance.
The Scarborough to Hull line serves Seamer, Filey, Hunmanby, Bempton, Bridlington, Nafferton, Driffield, Hutton Cranswick, Arram, Beverley and Cottingham. For train times and fares, go to the National Rail Enquiries website or to mytrainticket.co.uk
For our Flemingate campus parking is available at the Flemingate multi-story car park, we do not reimburse the cost of parking. Our St Mary's Walk campus (Bridlington) and St James Street (Hull) both have limited free parking available.
If you can't travel independently because of additional needs - not because of where you live - you may be eligible for assistance. For more information, contact your Youth Support Service advisor. If you have not been allocated an advisor, contact your local office on Beverley 01482 391300 or Bridlington on 01482 391380.