Transport to College
Our campuses in Beverley, Bridlington and Hull are all accessible by bus, rail and car. Below we outline some options for you.
Eligible for FREE Travel?
Travel for our students aged 16 to 18, plus those with EHCPs or those over 19 who are continuing on a course they started when they were 18 in the academic year before, is FREE, if they live more than two miles away from the nearest Campus that delivers your course and after an application is submitted and assessed.
For our students over 19 then subject to an application being submitted and assessed you may be eligible for Travel assistance, but please see the Financial Support page for eligibility criteria.
UPDATE PLEASE NOTE - Bus fares are frozen at £2 per single journey until the end of October 2023 and then go to £2.50 until October 2024. These fares are for a single journey without changes. DO NOT BUY RETURN TICKETS as they are more expensive.
If you are eligible for free travel, which is determined after you have submitted an application form for Financial Assistance with the correct evidence then the following gives details of what is available.
Your FIRST option should be the College Bus Service options below as these are dedicated student only services.
College Bus Services:
Travel by dedicated College services (click on each for timetable and map):
- BC4 (from Withernsea and passes through towns and villages including Patrington, Hedon and Skirlaugh on its way to our Beverley Campus)
- BC8 (from Gilberdyke via North Cave and goes through the towns and villages to the west of Hull, including Hessle, Anlaby and Willerby before coming to our Beverley Campus)
- ER1 (from West Hull via Anlaby Common, Cottingham, Bricknell Avenue and Hall Road to Beverley Campus)
- ER3 (from East Hull via Summergangs Road, Sutton Park and Kingswood to Beverley Campus)
Your SECOND option should then be via EY Buses as detailed below.
Both the College Bus Services and EY Buses mean you have no upfront costs once your Bus Pass has been approved and activated or issued. For other methods, if agreed then refunds are issued in arrears half termly.
The 1st half termly refund isn’t until the 13th November for applications received in September, assuming they are complete, assessed and agreed.
Travel by Public Services:
- Travel by East Yorkshire Buses (EY Buses) – various routes from York, Scarborough, Hornsea and other places – For bus timetables and route planning download the East Yorkshire Buses app or go to the East Yorkshire Buses website or email, for more info about routes, [email protected].
- Travel by Stagecoach, subject to prior agreement if no EY/College bus service available. Please visit the Stagecoach website for further details. Refunded half termly in arrears.
- Travel by other means for medical reasons is subject to prior agreement only.
- Travel by rail is only available by prior agreement for medically proved reasons, or in exceptional circumstances where bus travel isn’t feasible. It is refunded in arrears, half termly and based on appropriate railcard prices. Students are expected to have the appropriate railcard for which the cost is not covered by the College. For train times and fares, go to the National Rail Enquiries website For railcard information go to https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/tickets-railcards-and-offers/railcards/national-railcards/
Car Travel / Parking
Only in exceptional circumstances will we consider help towards car travel. This may include childcare responsibilities, medical reasons (where Assisted Travel isn’t available) or where travel to a bus stop more than two miles away from home is required. Parking costs are not covered.
Any help towards car travel is restricted to a mileage allowance (not Taxis) and paid, if agreed, in arrears, half termly.
Assisted Travel and additional needs
If you can't travel independently because of additional needs - not because of where you live - you may be eligible for assistance.
You will have to apply for Assisted Travel via your local council. If agreed with a parental contribution this will be considered for a refund, in arrears each half term.
For more information, contact your EHCO/Caseworker (this is a Council Officer who looks after your EHCP). If you have not been allocated an advisor, contact your local council. East Riding 01482 395588. Hull CC 01482 612811 or 01482 616859.
Further Travel information
For more information please email [email protected]
East Yorkshire Buses
121 from Bridlington, via Nafferton, Driffield, Hutton Cranswick and villages on route.
23 or 121 from Hull
X46 from York, via Pocklington, Market Weighton and villages on route.
25 from Hornsea via Brandesburton, Leven and villages on route.
121 from Beverley, via Hutton Cranswick, Driffield, Nafferton and villages on route.
12/13 from Scarborough, via Filey, Hunmanbyand villages on route.
136 from Driffield via Beeford and Skipsea.
121 from Bridlington, via Nafferton, Driffield, Beverley and villages on route.
X46 from York, via Pocklington, Market Weighton, Beverley and villages on route.
23 from Beverley
25 from Hornsea and Hessle
Plus various other routes into the Hull Interchange.
For more details download the East Yorkshire Buses app