HR Professionals in this role are typically either working in a medium to large organisation as part of the HR function delivering front line support to managers and employees, or are a HR Manager in a small organisation. Their work is likely to include handling day to day queries and providing HR advice; working on a range of HR processes, ranging from transactional to relatively complex, from recruitment through to retirement; using HR systems to keep records; providing relevant HR information to the business; working with the business on HR changes. They will typically be taking ownership for providing advice to managers on a wide range of HR issues using company policy and current law, giving guidance that is compliant and where errors could expose the organisation to employment tribunals or legal risk. In a larger organisation they may also have responsibility for managing a small team – this aspect is outside the scope of this apprenticeship and will need to be covered separately by the employer.
What will I study?
- Providing solutions, advice and support
- Using sound questioning and active listening skills understand requirements and establish root causes before developing HR solutions
- Using sound interpersonal skills and communicating well through a range of media deal with customers and colleagues
- Handling conflicts and sensitive HR situations professionally and confidentially
- Consistently supports colleagues /collaborates within the team and HR to achieve results
- Identifing opportunities to improve HR performance and service; acts on them within the authority of their role
- Supporting the implementation of HR changes/projects
- Maintaining HR records
- Preparing reports and management information from HR data, with interpretation as require
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.