Level Three EAL Diploma in Engineering and Technology
This qualification covers the advanced knowledge and understanding of the principles, methods and technology involved in a broad range of engineering fields. The qualification shares units that cover subjects including electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, computer aided design (CAD), mathematics, computer numerical control (CNC), fabrication and welding, communication engineering, aeronautical engineering and milling turning, and machining. A range of advanced units can support learners looking to enter higher education.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- Engineering and environmental health and safety
- Engineering organisational efficiency and improvement
- Computer-aided design (CAD) techniques
- Computer numerical control (CNC)
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Fabrication and welding principles
- General engineering maintenance techniques
- Engineering design process
- Advanced manufacture techniques – computer-aided manufacture (CAM)
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by a range of techniques to include observation of carrying out practical activities in workshops, oral questioning, written reports and online testing.
How will the course be delivered?
Full time study programme over three days per week including English and mathematics development, enrichment and enterprise.
- Four GCSEs grade A*-C/4-9 to include Maths and English
- Level two engineering qualification or relevant work experience
This qualification could help you onto more advanced courses, such as the Level Four BTEC Higher National Certificate or Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering, or a degree in engineering-related programmes. It could also help you secure an advanced apprenticeship within an engineering company and employment as a manufacturing/maintenance engineer.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.